Friday, April 25, 2008

More Stories

Last Wednesday night as we were walking out of church, Soren saw a motorcycle in the parking lot and was making lots of comments about it. I said to Ivy, "I wonder whose that is?" Soren responded in all seriousness, "I think it's mine." As I set him in his car seat I said, "that's not yours." Again, as sincere as could be he says "Yes it is. Daddy, could you put my motorcycle in the back of the car please?"

Every night we say prayers together as a family as we all sit on one of the children's beds. Wednesday night afterwards as I was laying down next to Abigail, she asked if she could pray. I helped her through the prayer as she repeated it back in her own brand of broken English (not sure where she is from). After that she handed me her teddy bear and said "Teddy pray!" I replied, "Teddy doesn't need to pray." "Teddy pray!" she insisted. I told her that she could help him pray. Abigail set the teddy bear on her belly facing her, held both hands and said, "Dear Jesus, help me mommy obey, (SMACK), Amen!" The smack was Abigail slapping the teddy bear in the face. [FYI, we never strike the children in the face, only on the bottom or on the hand.]

I could write a book of the funny things Abigail says, only I can't understand what she is saying most of the time. She sure thinks it is funny though.

No comments: