Monday, March 31, 2008

Cute Stories from Daddy

Saturday I was laying Abigail down for her nap and reading her a book. Soren was in the bed with us awaiting his turn and decided to listen to my heart. I asked Soren if he remembered why the heart beats. "It's punking blood." he replied. "And why does it pump blood" I asked? He didn't remember. I then expained the circulatory system again; air into the lungs, blood extracts the oxygen, heart pumps blood throughout the body. When I finished Soren said,"Theeee End...That was a good story".

Sunday morning I stayed home with Abigail because she was sick, while Ivy took "the boys" to church. When they arrived home I opened the front door as Soren walked towards the house from the truck. He looked at me and said, "Is Alyce at mine home?" (Alyce is the older woman in his life, by about two months) "No, she's not here today", I replied. Soren walked in the house, stopped and said, "I so disappointed".

Later on Sunday I was telling Soren and Abigail that we would have two ladies staying with us this week. They work with the Center for Bio-Ethical Reform which is a Pro-Life organization we have supported for many years. They are displaying the Genocide Awareness Project at UK in Lexington. Not to go into as much detail with the children as I did with the circulatory system, I simply told them that the two ladies are in town to help babies, so we are going to help them by giving them a place to sleep and eat. Soren said, "They are going to help the babies?" "Yes" I replied. He looked at me and said, "Are they Angels?"

2 comments:

The Westerfield Family said...

those are great stories! glad to see you in the blogosphere.
Travis

Debi said...

Hi Ivy...
Loving the pics of your kiddos and reading about your family :)

~debi